12/02/2011

PE 1__ iMovie

iMovie will probably be my new favorite use of my software on the Macbook Pro.  Since I already had existing footage from an event I made a video for, I have chosen that to use in the editing process.  The existing footage had been saved to an external 1 terrabyte storage that was previously used with my ASUS laptop.  While I cannot access everything stored through the external storage, I am fortunate to be able to import media and songs, as well as documents and such.  It seems that a lot of my editing will be used for pre-existing footage I have shot in the past, so this part of importing utilizes what I have already downloaded and saved.
I have hours and hours of footage, on tapes and DVD's of which I could spend many moons editing and sharing for others to enjoy.  Over the years I have shot so many events, including, protests, powwow's, my band performing, and of course my daughter growing up.  iMovie offers me the platform to really learn and create mini-movies to archive and share with others.  It surely beats the old way I use to edit of pause and put the new tape in....albeit I got pretty good at that though!
What I love so far about iMovie is it's user friendly application and simplicity of movement....I see myself moving forward as I write this!

No comments:

Post a Comment